Aug 18, 2010

A wake up and a wasp

I wake up and stretch, glancing over my shoulder peering at the bed side stand looking for the clock. Rubbing my eyes I can barely believe the red numbers laid out in front of me. 16:10 I read, "Crap!" I exclaim "I got half an hour before I need to leave for work." Throwing the covers off and swinging my legs over the edge of the bed I sit up. "Hi moo moo, Hi A-bay" I rattle off to my dogs on a maddened dash to the the shower. Five minutes flat I'm out and then I get changed in my uniform. Stumbling down stairs I head for the sliding door out to the back yard still tightening my belt. I let my dogs out and off I am to preparing the pup's evening food bowls.

I then wonder what on earth I'm going to fix for dinner. Grabbing a corn muffin out of the microwave to munch on it while throwing a few south western style egg rolls in the oven and also grabbing a few cucumbers to cut up. Eureka, PB&J I determine as I'm sliding the back door open to let the pups in for grub. Glancing at the clock I realize its only 16:25.

I jet over to the radio to turn on some classic rock while I begin to unload the dishwasher, placing all the cleaned items on the counter top. Being spastic I begin to peel and cut the cucumbers and toss them in a Tupperware bowl with seasoning of salt and pepper and a tablespoon of Mayo. Closing the lid I give it a few gentle flips and place it in my lunch box. Grabbing bread and jelly from the fridge and peanut butter from the cabinet I slather together two PB&J sandwiches and put them in zip lock baggies. Back to the dishes I finish putting them away, and grab my egg rolls from the oven. Toss it all in my lunch box and throw my boots on in the living room, Time check 16:35.

Rushing back in the kitchen I wash the dishes I created and place them on the drying rack. Running up stairs I call for my boxer Gracie to go in her kennel. In she goes and I stumble back down to pick up my lunch box and grab the kitchen garbage bag to take it to the curb. Head to the front door I grab Jeep keys and pull the door shut behind me. I grab two garbage cans and take them to the curb, jump in my Jeep and off I go. Time 16:40

Right on time I think, now I can enjoy my two and a half mile ride into work. Windows down, music jamming I am physically and mentally prepared for the night ahead. Suddenly a ticklish and unexpected sensation on my arm. Startled I look over and see a Wasp has landed on my forearm braced against the passenger head rest. Shivers run down my spine and I flail my arm violently in hopes to dislodge this creature of nature.

Unaware of my surroundings I have begun drifting towards a row of parked cars. Screaming like a school girl because of the wasp I notice my course and make a quick  yet over-corrective action. Realizing the Wasp has fallen from my arm I look frantically over my body for it. Glancing back on the road I swerve correcting my course yet again. Coming to a red light I have time to gain my composure. I catch my breath and notice the Wasp fly out the window, good rid dens I think and turn my attention back to the road.

No sooner have I regained my composure do I notice a spider drop down in my field of view. "Odd, what is a spider dangling from outside my wind shield?" I mutter to my self when I realize this nasty horrific beast of a spider is actually between me and my wind shield.

Surprisingly I made it to work on time that day, though there was one less spider living in the world upon my arrival. Time check 16:46

Be Safe
Ambulance Junkie

No comments:

Post a Comment