Dec 14, 2010

Tis The Season

Dispatch: "Caller advises it's the house on the corner and stated he left the lights on"


I have nothing against holiday cheer, in fact my house is beautifully decorated both in and out. I begin to listen to Christmas music the first work shift after Thanksgiving. I'm not devote about it, it just seems that its only played a short time out of the year so I should enjoy it. I'm not fanatical about Christmas in any way, its not my favorite holiday but I do enjoy it.

It perplexes me though about human nature and how they can put the time and effort into creating the "master piece" as seen above. They then use it to their advantage when having a medical emergency, great! Very creative in fact, I applaud your effort and out of the box thinking. Any other time of the year though they can never turn on a porch light, Shovel thier sidewalks or make sure house numbers are visible (if they even have them). I cant begin to count the number of times that I have had to back down a road with scene lights on just to guess which house is probably the correct scene because you've obviously passed it. Its like a game show half the time, the prize? The Patient!

As long as I am on the subject, know what your address is. If I have to roll up to a 23 Made-up St. one more time this year and its an empty lot, I'm going to think about calling out No Pt found. Rather I take the time to call up to county dispatch advising of the current situation and asking for them to recontact the caller to find out the call is at 32 made-up St. and then I get grief because the Pt's "Dyslexic".

I really do enjoy rolling up with all the flashing lights though, the blinking candy canes, the dancing Santa Claus, The moving deer statues, the twinkling the brightness and the rest of the festive display but can we carry this courtesy through the rest of the year?

Be Safe
Ambulance Junkie

No comments:

Post a Comment