Feb 1, 2011

Fighting Kids Cancer

Dear Readers

    I want to tell you a little about a cause I greatly believe in, a cause that I hope you can get behind too. A few years ago I became involved with a few fellow coworkers to take a stand against childhood cancer. We joined up with St. Baldrick's and to show our solidarity with kids affected with cancer we had our heads shaved. It showed a comitment to the children that they were not alone. I am becoming reinvested in my fight and I hope




What would you look like bald? 

You'd look like a hero for kids with cancer!

Shaving your head is a great way to show your support for kids undergoing chemotherapy treatment while raising funds for life-saving research.

Mission Statement

The St. Baldrick's Foundation is a volunteer-driven charity committed to funding the most promising research to find cures for childhood cancers and give survivors long and healthy lives.




Our History
On March 17, 2000, reinsurance executives Tim Kenny, John Bender and Enda McDonnell turned their industry's St. Patrick's Day party into a benefit for kids with cancer. The three planned to raise "$17,000 on the 17th," recruiting 17 colleagues to raise $1,000 each to be shorn. Instead, the first St. Baldrick's event raised over $104,000!



The event had a life of its own and quickly grew into the world’s largest volunteer-driven fundraising program for childhood cancer research! The Foundation now funds more in childhood cancer research grants than any organization except the U.S. government. Since 2000, events have taken place in 28 countries and 50 US states, raising over $87 million. More than 144,000 volunteers-- including over 12,000 women-- have shaved their heads in solidarity of children with cancer, while requesting donations of support from friends and family – each one becoming a walking billboard for the cause!



So heres my plea to my followers, to my readers, to my fans
You've heard it right - I'm shaving my head in solidarity with children who have cancer and typically lose their hair during treatment, while raising critical funds for childhood cancer research!
Click the link below


In the US, more children die of childhood cancer than any other disease. Please make a donation on my behalf to support childhood cancer research so that all children diagnosed with cancer will have a better chance for a cure.

To make a donation, click on "Make A Donation" or donate by mail or phone.

Thank you for your support!

Email me at
 AmbulanceJunkie@Gmail.com
for details on how to help!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment